TREACY Insurance Brokers Ltd. was founded in 1992 to concentrate on the commercial marine and transportation insurance needs of clients, whether those insurance needs relate to cargo, liability, hull & machinery, or their non-marine exposures. This specialization enables us to fulfill our corporate mandate, namely:
TO BUILD A STRONG BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP
The client / broker relationship must be based on mutual respect, integrity and an uncompromised commitment to excellence. We are not only your broker, we would like to be considered a part of your corporate team.
We are committed to you and your insurance needs. We are employed by you. We do not work for nor are we influenced by any insurance companies or any other party. We will always offer informed, unbiased and frank opinions as to the insurance needs of your business.
PROFESSIONAL ATTENTION TO YOUR INSURANCE NEEDS
Your insurance programme will be handled by Patrick J. Treacy, one of the most experienced Canadian marine insurance brokers. Patrick joined the insurance brokering field in 1965 and he has specialized since 1969 in marine and transportation insurance. Patrick is licensed Level 3/Nominee.
In Vancouver Patrick was the marine vice president and manager of a major international broker, and the senior vice-president of the Canadian office of a London (U.K.) broker. He has also worked for a number of years in Toronto with major international brokers.
Patrick has directly handled and quoted on Canadian and United States businesses ranging from national and international cargo accounts, commercial hull accounts (tug/barge, construction, ferry, blue water, and fishing fleets), freightforwarders, freightbrokers, bulk cargo/container terminals, shipbuilders, shiprepairers and submersible operations.
In addition, he was the national marine manager of the largest insurance brokers in Australia. Patrick not only dealt with Australian accounts, he also handled business in New Zealand, the Far East, the Pacific Islands, Asia and South Africa.
This national and international exposure has given Patrick a fresh and non-parochial outlook to insurance matters.
USE OF COMPETENT INSURANCE MARKETS
Your Insurer must be knowledgeable in the area of insurance being placed with them, should offer competitive premium costs and terms, should have a history of settling claims fairly and promptly and to the best of our knowledge, be financially secure.
EFFICIENT HANDLING OF YOUR CLAIMS
The handling of your claims is an integral part of our service to you. All claims will be handled with efficiency.
These will be clearly documented. We will also include our comments and recommendations to enable you to make the appropriate business decision as to the coverage level to purchase.
MONITORING OF MARKETS AND PRODUCTS
This will be carried on throughout the year.
Patrick Treacy also offers his experience to companies as their consultant for :
Insurance Management Audit
Evaluate your current insurance programme, including :
- The insurance protection afforded;
- Adequacy of Limits;
- Cost competitiveness;
- Determine if optimum deductible and self-insured retentions are being applied;
Evaluate outside services, including :
- Cost reasonableness of brokers, insurers, claims administrators and other outside insurance services;
- Quality and effectiveness of service.
- Assist in the selection of one or more insurance brokers;
- Allocate insurance and re-insurance markets to these insurance brokers;
- Prepare written insurance specifications with minimum protection requirements;
- Negotiate with and monitor the insurance brokers’ activities during the marketing process;
- Analyze proposals from the insurance brokers and present to you a report of our conclusions and recommendations.
Other Consulting Services
- Address risk management and insurance due diligence, acquisition and other issues;
- Assist in claim settlements;
- Implement continuous consulting services to minimize clients’ exposures and Cost of Risk.